St Augustine’s Stay and Play Group was launched on Tuesday 14th June at St Augustine’s Primary School, Harehills. Catholic Care in partnership with St Augustine’s Primary School and St Augustine’s Parish supported by the Leeds University Faith In Health grant will offer the group to the local school and Parish community.
Parents, grandparents, toddlers and volunteers came together to enjoy refreshments, messy play and group singing. Children played games whilst parents and carers had the opportunity to relax and chat! The group will meet weekly from 1.15pm – 3.15pm on Tuesdays and all parents and carers in the Parish are welcome.
The group hopes to support local parents in a friendly way by offering:
– Baby and children’s clothes and equipment at low / no cost
– Singing, reading stories, messy play, soft play and interactive skills sessions
– Healthy snacks and refreshments available
– Information and advice on parenting
– Toys and games to entertain the children
– Time for parents to network and develop friendships and their own support networks
– Guest speakers to talk about issues important to parents
(e.g. child health, managing stress, helping children learn etc.)
We hope that the group will go from strength to strength providing volunteering opportunities for parishioners and developing a strong partnership between school, Parish and Catholic Care.