Thank you for your incredible generosity
Each year Catholic Care has a Christmas Appeal to support families who are disadvantaged, vulnerable or marginalised, of which there are so many in our own communities.
At Christmas, a time of plenty, when we come together with family and friends to celebrate the birth of Jesus, to relax and often over indulge with fridges and cupboards stocked full of treats and every available space covered with chocolate, it feels particularly unjust that so many families are in need:-
• Living in poverty, fear or abuse.
• Hungry – 130,000 will go without food on Christmas Day.
• Uprooted from their families as a result of devastating conflicts around the world.
This year we appealed for:
• Toys/Gifts – Donations of unwrapped presents – putting a smile on a child or young person’s face who would otherwise not receive any presents.
• Food Hampers – a ‘hamper of hope’, including non perishable items such as tins, jars, pasta and toiletries.
• Financial donations for the Crisis Fund which helps children and families in desperate need throughout the year, not just at Christmas.
Our appeal went out to Schools and Parishes across the Diocese and our faithful supporters and donators and they responded like never before.
Through their kind generosity, in the week before Christmas, our dedicated team at Catholic Care made 320 toy and gift deliveries and 105 food hamper deliveries to those children and families most in need.
Thank you to everyone for your incredible generosity.