We provide outreach services to adults with learning disabilities who live at home. This includes emotional, social and practical support for the individual as well as their families and carers. We provide individuals with the support and advice they need to live full and independent lives in their own homes.
We respect their individuality and their right to choose, and we create care and support plans that reflect each person’s wishes and circumstances.
Our service can include:
- Spending time with the individual and/or families and carers for emotional support
- Practical support at home, such as preparing meals, dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, washing and ironing
- Budgeting and advice about benefits
- Helping with getting out into the community, such as grocery shopping, accompanying or transporting people to their chosen activity or appointment, and accessing local amenities
- Helping people to make and meet friends
- Helping individuals to plan travel and use transport.