Catholic Care is a faith-based charity providing care and support to people of all faiths and none. The Charity also employs people of all faiths no faith.
- Catholic Care deliver a number of groups for older people living in the community.
- Our groups are friendly and inclusive, helping to break the experience of isolation and loneliness.
- Central to a number of our groups in the provision of a two-course lunch.
- Older people have been up until March 2020 attending our groups in person to enjoy a hot meal, meeting friends and take part in some after lunch social activities.
- Since April 2020 we have continued to offer a lunch to our group members by operating a home delivery service.
- We are planning to reopen our groups in September, we are looking to recruit a cook to support our work in these communities
- If you are an enthusiastic person who would like to help deliver nutritious and varied meals to the people attending community groups and also support meal deliveries out in the community we could have the ingredients you are looking for.
- We are a friendly and committed team looking forward to welcoming a new colleague
We provide excellent standards of person – centred care to maximise an individuals independence and quality of life.
Spinal Point 2 £9.50 per hour
Until position filled
To be arranged with applicant
An enthusiastic person who will provide nutritious and varied meals to the people attending community groups and also support meal deliveries out in the community. Working alongside a vibrant and caring team
- To plan a menu in consultation with the Group development worker for group members in two locations in Bradford.
- St William’s Parish Hall, Ingleby road, Bradford, St Winefride’s Parish Hall, St Paul’s Avenue, Bradford
- To purchase and budget all required stock and ingredients.
- Prepare and cook a two-course lunch.
- To adhere to health and safety regulation including food health standards.
- To clean and sanitise work station prior to and after food preparation ensuring that the kitchen and preparation space is clean and tidy.
Catholic Care acknowledges the responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and adults at risk regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs. We are committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibility, government guidance and complies with best practice. It is therefore the duty of all employees, trustees and volunteers to adhere to this policy commitment.
It is expected that all Catholic Care employees will understand that our work is confidential and that personal details must not be divulged to members of the public. This obligation will continue indefinitely even after termination of employment. All approaches by the media or other third parties must be referred, unanswered, to the line manager.
VALUES AND PRACTICE PRINCIPLES
The person who holds this position is expected to be familiar with and have regard to the Values of Catholic Care and work within that framework. He or she must be prepared to operate within the ethos of the agency and ensure that people of all denominations and faiths have their spiritual needs respected.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The person appointed to this position will satisfy the criteria identified in the Person Specification.
All posts will be offered subject to satisfactory references being obtained
What we offer our employees
• We pay in line with NJC pay scale
• A minimum of 22 days paid annual leave for full time employees (pro rata for part time) with 3 additional days after 5 years, plus 8 days bank holidays and an additional 3 days as standard.
• Group personal pension scheme
• Comprehensive induction programme with ongoing paid training and development
• Regular supervision and annual performance and development appraisal
• Career progression opportunities
• UK Healthcare Scheme
How to apply
To apply for this position please download the application form, complete and submit with the form below.
The Application Form is in PDF format. It is designed to be completed in Adobe Acrobat Reader which is a free to download software.
Alternatively download and print a copy of the application form and post to:
Human Resources Administrator
11 North Grange Road
I need some help
If you require any help or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Catholic Care is an Equal Opportunities employer
At Catholic Care we provide services to people of all faiths and none and also employ people of all faiths and none.